Since May 1, 2000, the Bethlehem Area Public Library has been using the services of a library collection agency to retrieve overdue materials and to collect charges that exceed $24.99. When accounts are turned over to the collection agency, a $10.00 non-refundable fee is added.
Who is affected:
• Patrons whose materials are 60 days overdue. They will receive three notices before their names are sent
to the collection agency: when the books are 14 days overdue, 28 days overdue, and 42 days overdue. (For media items, notices will be received when they are 7 days overdue, 21 days overdue and 35 days overdue.)
• Patrons who owe $25.00 or more in fines and fees. They will receive a bill and be given approximately two
weeks to pay before their names are sent to the collection agency.
• More library materials are returned, saving what it would cost to replace them
• More fines are paid, giving the library money for more new materials and services
• Staff time is put to use in more positive ways, providing better library service to our patrons
• More responsible use of taxpayers' money
Questions? Contact Diane Davis