Bethlehem Area Public Library

Return to Community Life

Title–9 | 10–19 |  20–21  22–23  24–25  26–27  28–29 | 30–39 | 40–49 | 50–59 | 60–69 | 70–79 | 80–89 | 90–99 | 100–109 | 110–119 | 120–127

22

DR. MITCHELL WALTER


Was mayor of South Bethlehem from 1913—1915, under the third-class city act, when the courts decreed that the election whereby the municipality become a city was an illegal one and the old borough form of government was resumed. The first mayor of South Bethlehem comes from a family of physicians, having been born May 2, 1867, a son of Dr. B. C. Walter in Farmersville. He attended the public schools and graduated from an Easton preparatory school in 1888 and Medico-Chirurgical College in 1893. He began the practice of medicine with his father at Farmersville and on February 22, 1894 moved to South Bethlehem, establishing an office at No. 23 East Fourth Street. In 1908 he purchased the handsome home at No. 102 West Fourth Street where he continues his profession. Dr. Walter has a very large practice, being progressive and energetic. He is a great admirer of horses and has several fast ones that have brought home numerous trophies. He is also a famous hunter, and has a fondness for rural life, being a member of the Hiawatha Hunting and Fishing Club. Other organizations of which he is a member are Lehigh Valley Medical Association, Fellow, American Medical Association, Knights of Pythias, B.P.O. Elks, L.O.O. Moose. The doctor is also active in the Wydnor Realty Company, is a director of the Peoples’ Trust Company and president of the Lehigh Orpheum Theater Company.

 


23

Dr. Mitchell Walter

 

Title–9 | 10–19 |  20–21  22–23  24–25  26–27  28–29 | 30–39 | 40–49 | 50–59 | 60–69 | 70–79 | 80–89 | 90–99 | 100–109 | 110–119 | 120–127

Return to Community Life