Bethlehem Area Public Library

Return to Community Life

Title–9 | 10–19 | 20–2930–39 | 40–49 | 50–59 |  60–61  62–63  64–65  66–67  68–69  | 70–79 | 80–89 | 90–99 | 100–109 | 110–119 | 120–127

68

A.C. Huff

A.C. HUFF

President of the Industrial Commission and leading music dealer, of No. 57 South Main Street, was born in Lehigh County, and received his education in the common schools. He came to Bethlehem in 1894 and established himself in the music business, having today one of the leading establishments in the Lehigh Valley. Mr. Huff has taken a great interest in all civic educational and political affairs in the community and served both as burgess and councilman in the West Side, filling the latter office for a term of six years. It was he, as burgess, who signed the ordinance annexing the West Side with Bethlehem. For two years past he was president of the Industrial Commission, a leading trade body here for some time. In 1892 he married Annie, daughter of William and Mary Rosser, now of Scranton. His home address is 637 West Union Street.

 


69

MICHAEL J. KELLY

Was born August 15, 1868, a son of Daniel and Julia Kelly, deceased, in County Cork, Ireland, where he was educated in the public schools. In 1892 he came to America, locating in Boston, Mass., where he was employed in a foundry. Later he went to Pittsburgh where he was in the employ of the Jones & Laughlin Company, as a melter. When the Bethlehem Steel Company started the operation of its Saucon plant, Mr. Kelly as boss-melter, made the first steel produced in this plant. In 1914 he purchased the Junction Hotel at Fourth and William Streets, which business he still continues with great success. He is a member of the South Bethlehem Lodge of Elks, Bethlehem Aerie of Eagles and South Bethlehem Nest of Owls. In 1898 he married Mary Haggerty.

 

Title–9 | 10–19 | 20–2930–39 | 40–49 | 50–59 |  60–61  62–63  64–65  66–67  68–69  | 70–79 | 80–89 | 90–99 | 100–109 | 110–119 | 120–127

Return to Community Life