Books read this month: 9
Books read so far this year: 68
Apparently this month’s theme was love and murder, two of my favorite reading topics (help- I can’t stop reading cozy mysteries!) Probably should spend this next month reflecting on how my voracious reading has given me unrealistic expectations for love (and a habit of jumping whenever I hear a noise at night). But instead I’ll probably just keep reading cozy mysteries.
- Puddin’ by Julie Murphy- This book is the sequel to Dumplin’, which for some reason I have not read, but that didn’t hinder me from loving this one. Millie Michalchuk has spent every summer at fat camp for as long as she can remember. But she wants this year to be different. She wants to go to journalism camp to pursue her dream career. An incident at her uncle’s gym, where she works part-time, throws her together with Callie, one of the popular mean girls at her school, a situation which neither girl is happy about. But Callie and Millie soon learn there is more to each other than meets the eye. And their unlikely friendship will help both of them improve their lives.
- Love on a Dime (Ladies of Summerhill #1) by Cara Lynn James- I love a good romance (especially one where I can rage at the main character for being dense and missing the obvious love interest), and this definitely fit the bill. Lilly is a member of the elite upper class, vacationing in Newport, Rhode Island. She has a wealth suitor and a promising future. But what her family and friends don’t know is that she is the writer of a series of very popular dime novels, an occupation not proper for a society lady. The threat of discovery and the reappearance of Lilly’s former love begin to shake Lilly’s picture perfect life.
- Puddin’ by Julie Murphy
- Love on a Dime (Ladies of Summerhill #1) by Cara Lynn James
- Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #2) by Jenn McKinlay
- Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay
- Love and Other Trainwrecks by Leah Komen
- Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill #2) by Cara Lynn James
- Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania by Cerella Sechrist