There are currently two open positions. See below.
(1) CUSTODIAN/DRIVER (part-time)
The Bethlehem Area Public Library is seeking a part-time custodian. The custodian assists the Buildings Supervisor in cleaning, building and vehicle maintenance, general repairs, and security at the Main and South Side libraries. The position is 20 hours per week and consists of first shift work (typically 6am-10am) and rotating weekends and holidays. Starting pay is $17.37 per hour. PA criminal, FBI fingerprint, and PA child abuse clearances are required. The full job description is below. Interested candidates must send a resume and three references to email@example.com by Tuesday, September 3rd.
Supervisor: Buildings Supervisor
- Knowledge of modern building cleaning methods, materials, and ability to operate cleaning equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform manual labor, move heavy loads, and climb ladders
- Possession of valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
The custodian assists the Buildings Supervisor in cleaning, maintenance, general repairs and security at the Main Library, delivers items between the Bethlehem Area Libraries and District Libraries (Hellertown, Nazareth, and Northampton), and carries out some maintenance of library vehicles.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Janitorial duties at both buildings, but mostly at the Main Library
- Buildings maintenance
- Buildings security
- Vehicle maintenance
- Deliveries to Branch and district libraries
- Rotation of emptying of book drops at the libraries on holidays and weekends
- Participation in various events held at the library as driver or assistance with event set up, take down, and maintenance
- Other duties, as assigned