Following Pennsylvania’s mitigation order, the Bethlehem Area Public Library will be using the following operating model effective Wednesday, December 16:
- All computer appointments will be canceled.
- All item checkouts will occur at the door of each library location.
- All returns will be accepted at the drop box of each location.
Library staff will continue to be available by phone, email, and the Chat Now service. Chat Now allows patrons to chat in real time with librarians and can be accessed from the bapl.org homepage, upper right side.
This mitigation plan will remain in effect until January 11, 2021, at which time a determination will be made to extend or end the plan.
If you have questions about the specific procedure at a location, please contact that location directly. Masks and standard social distancing procedures required.
- Normal hours: Mon – Wed: 9AM – 8PM, Thurs & Fri: 9AM – 6PM, Sat: 10AM – 5PM, Sun: CLOSED
- Call with questions or to reserve materials: 610-867-3761 x399
South Side Branch
- Limited Hours: Mon. – Thurs: 11AM – 6PM, Fri, Sat, Sun: closed
- Call with questions or to reserve materials: 610-867-7852
BAPL Coolidge (Bethlehem Township)
- Regular hours: Tues: 11am – 5pm, Wed: 11am – 7pm, Thurs: 11am-5pm, 2nd Saturday of the month: 10am to 2pm
- Call with questions or to reserve materials: 484-892-6267
All library locations are offering “grab and go” check-out, which means you can place books or other items on reserve and pick them up with your library card at the door.
The bookmobile is running its usual schedule, to deliver reserves. Browsing on the bookmobile is not offered at this time.
Gentle Yoga, Memoir Writing, Conversational Spanish, and lots of other events are being held virtually
Select outdoor, socially-distant programs will go ahead as scheduled; please refer to the BAPL calendar for the latest information.
The book drops are open at all locations for return of library items.
Come see us soon and stay safe!