Jenne is making great progress on her goal to read 100 books this year. Check out her progress report for August — you might find your next great read!
Books read so far this year: 90
This was the month I ACTUALLY read less cozy mysteries- only three! My goal for September is to read one nonfiction book for every fiction book. We’ll see how that goes. I’m a much bigger fan of fiction, but I’m trying to expand my horizons. Also- I might hit 100 books in September! Depends on how much life is otherwise. Stay tuned. Regardless of when I finish, I’ll keep blogging here for the rest of the year. And hopefully set a new goal for next year!
- The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes by Leonard Goldberg- I’m a lifelong Holmes fan, and I liked this new take on the Holmes and Watson lines. The author stayed truth the character of Watson, and did a good job developing new characters as well. I look forward to reading the next book in the series as soon as I can get my hands on it.
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin- I chose this book on a whim, as I needed an e-book to read on my phone (in an attempt to waste less time on Instagram). I quickly became absorbed in the story, and found myself in happy/sad tears by the end of book. This is a must read for anyone who believes in the power of the book and the importance of those who connect books to their readers.
- The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis- All of Davis’ books connect a story from the past to one from the present. In this case, a woman living in 1970s New York who pieces together a decades old mystery from the 1920. I love the interconnecting of stories that take place half a century apart, and I especially liked the history surrounding the decay and revitalization campaign of Grand Central Station.
- The Boy series by Meg Cabot- You know me, I’m a sucker for a light read. And these Cabot books composed of emails, texts, and notes are fun romantic-comedy-type books, and I wish there were more of them.
- Sugar and Iced (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #6) by Jenn McKinlay
- From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon
- Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3) by Ally Carter
- Dark Chocolate Demise (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #7) by Jenn McKinlay
- No Nest for the Wicket (Meg Langslow #7) by Donna Andrews
- The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery #1) by Leonard Goldberg
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Dumplin’ (Dumplin’ #1) by Julie Murphy
- The Boy is Back (Boy #4) by Meg Cabot
- Boy Meets Girl (Boy #2) by Meg Cabot
- The Wishing Season (Chapel Springs #3) by Denise Hunter
- Every Boy’s Got One (Boy #3) by Meg Cabot
- The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis